Speaker stands

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just picked up a set of stands I found on ebay, £15. Not sure of brand, can anyone identify them??

IMG_0206.jpg

Seem pretty solid and have been sand filled though are quite rusty in places. The guy had glued a bit of plastic over the ports at the top to stop the sand spilling. Didn't work too well in the back of my car!

I have just put some bathroom type silicon sealant into the holes, hopefully that will work better once its set.

I was thinking it may be possible to get them powdercoated, anyone else done this? work ok?

Last newbie question, don't really like the idea of screwing into the bottom of my new speakers. For the best sound i'm assuming they need to be screwed down? Any type of screw do? i'd guess 10mm is sufficient? anything to watch out for?

Ta.

John Duncan

They look quite Target-esque to me, but I wouldn't swear on it. Those holes in the top are usually for top-spikes, as opposed to screws. You might be able to find a spare set, but they appear to be hard to come by from a casual google - I would just use Blu Tak if you can't find any, to try to make the speakers as solidly sited as possible.

Note that you should definitely[/i] get floor spikes for the holes in the bottom though, as this is more important, to get a rock solid foundation. Those are easier to come by.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that! great timing, had drill in hand
emotion-8.gif

I have some floor spikes from my last set of speakers, will def fit them.

Thanks for your help.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
If you cant get any spikes for the top, check they are the same size as the bottom and get a one man band back street engineering company with a lathe to make you a set. It shouldn't cost much and as the only cost you £15 must be worth spending a tenner on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts