speaker stands = no style

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
my do almost all speaker stands look like lumps of a iron works?? i know there are one or 2 that dont but there expensive... i am searching for some surround sound speakers and to be wife friendly they need to fit in with the room style (pale colours and light colour wood furnature) and not clutter up things too much......................so floor standers would be a tough sell.........................there are some lovely 'bookshelf' speakers out there but everyone says to stick them on stands not a 'bookshelf' but i cant have huge lumps of metal with small wooden speakers on top as they look utter rubbish.......................... any solutions to the dilema welcome!-

belker

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Slightly off subject but does the top plate of the speaker stand need to be equal in size to the speaker that is to be placed on it? I am considering purchasing the Soundstyle Z-2 stands but my Tannoys would be hanging over the edges, does it matter in terms of sound performance?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No, that's usual. A little trick is to use blu-tack under the speaker to hold it in place. Some claim this improves isolation as well, but it's more a convenience thing for me
emotion-2.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Years ago I went to a local quarry and had myself polished lime stone (I think thats what it was, can't exactly remember) stands made for my ruarks. Went there with measurements and a week later they where there in all their glory. Looked stunning and weighed a ton. I remember a lot of envious people. I think i paid around £100. Sold them a couple of years later for double.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts