Speaker recommendations

MichaelB

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
I have a Rotel A12, ProJect Debut Carbon, and older Mission 70 speakers. My listening room is quite small, ie about 10 feet from speakers to chair.

I'd like to upgrade my speakers, and wondering what would be appropriate for the other components. Mainly I listen to acoustic guitar, folk, jazz, classical. Very little rock.

Based on reviews, I'm considering Reference 3A Dulcet, Revel Concerta M16, Focal Aria 906. I would only be able to listen to the Focals directly.

Any input appreciated.

Pedro

May 31, 2016
Visit site
MichaelB said:
I have a Rotel A12, ProJect Debut Carbon, and older Mission 70 speakers.  My listening room is quite small, ie about 10 feet from speakers to chair. 

I'd like to upgrade my speakers, and wondering what would be appropriate for the other components.  Mainly I listen to acoustic guitar, folk, jazz, classical.  Very little rock. 

Based on reviews, I'm considering Reference 3A Dulcet, Revel Concerta M16, Focal Aria 906.  I would only be able to listen to the Focals directly. 

Any input appreciated. 

The Focals are very nice. I don't know how would they go with the Rotel, but 60W will suffice. Instrument separation is good, no harshness and you'll get a huge sense of scale. They are big standmounts, larger than they seem in pictures. Oh, and build quality is excellent. Good value for money in my opinion. I never heard the other models.

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what your budget is but how about My Audio Design 1920, they are small, sound great with acoustic music and work well in small rooms and close to rear walls - which is why I bought them? Great quality and well built in the UK

Or maybe something from Harbeth, Audionote or Spendor ?

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
mond said:
Not sure what your budget is but how about My Audio Design 1920, they are small, sound great with acoustic music and work well in small rooms and close to rear walls - which is why I bought them? Great quality and well built in the UK

Or maybe something from Harbeth, Audionote or Spendor ?

From your taste in music, I would agree with either Harbeth, Audionote or Spendor... Harbeth P3's are stunning for their size and perfect for your needs.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts