Speaker Question For Rega RP1 and Brio 3

dmisttt

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum and need some advice... I currently have a Rega RP1, Denon DL-110 cartridge, and Rega Brio 3 amp. I'm in the market for some new speakers to compliment the rest of my system. I'm not sure if I should a pair of Rega RS1s or RS3s. This system is going in my basement, here's some details:

The ceilings are about 6.5-7ft high. My basement is pretty deep and open but the width stays the same throughout. The listening area is not closed off but it's about 9 x 10ft. The actual size of my basement is about 10 x 30ft.

I listen to a lot rock and blues... Would the RS3s give me the extra bass I need or would they be too much for the space?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Presumably being a basement you have solid walls, which will help keep the bass energy within the room, so I doubt you'll have any problems with a lack of bass, particularly if you're not far from the speakers themselves. I probably would consider the RS3s though, as they're not excessively bassy, and you can fire the side bass drivers inside rather than against the side walls if necessary. I think they'd benefit both styles of music you mention.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts