speaker package

phil71

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

need advice on my speaker package. I have skyHD, a ps3, 1080p tv, and an Onkyo tx-sr605 amp.

I have all the speaker cables routed when the extension was built, ready to go. I was planning on monitor audio r250/250hd for front left, right & centre. However I'm way over budget on all aspects of the build and need advice if there are any other possible choices at a more favourable cost.

(Rears I know are mostly for effects in a 5:1 set up so costing not so high).

Sub woofer advice also sought.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

A

Anonymous

Hi Phil,

What size screen do you have ?

Raeson I ask is that the MA Radius HD 250's are quite a lengthy cabinet and best suited to 50" + screens. I opted for the the 225's which suit my 42" perfectly, now although they don't go quite as low as the 250's they do sound great and would save you a few quid (also partner HD 180's as surrounds superbly).

As for subs, well budget definitely plays a major part. Quite a few on here say BK are great VFM and sound superb, I use RELS as I like the way I can intergrate them into music and movies with their connection options.

Good Luck and Regards Si.

phil71

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
hi Si, I have a 47" screen with not the thinnest "of picture frames". I might remeasure the 225's to see how it'd look, the 250's would both look and sound "the biz". I was hoping someone might say "Aha , I've got "abc" speakers and they're almost as good for half the price. But I think it unlikely. Might just need to keep saving my pennies.

Thanks for the reply.

phil

A

Anonymous

I totally agree Phil,

If you have heard and like them, then it will be worth the wait otherwise the upgrade bug will hit sooner than you think.

When I went from big floorstanders to 'style' speakers I first went for kef 5005's and a Pioneer AX5ai-s which apart from the psw2500 sub were pretty good and looked the part flanking my old samsung plasma (back when silver was the new black). Then I got my shiny nice black Kuro and slowly decided to sort everything else (again!) This time I nearly went for kef 6000's but then heard the MA's and decided they were the ones for me - then saved enough to do the amp, speakers and additional sub in one hit. I am now very happy that I chose to save and wait.

Problem I have is I seem to collect my old gear so I have rooms with Onkyo, AE and Jamo gear and now my old Pioneer and kef stuff, which I know I should get shut of but will probably end up sorting a family member or friend out with.

You will get there.

Cheers Si.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts