Speaker help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Prehaps not exactly a "Hi-Fi" request but wonderned if anyone could advise me.

I am upgrading an old Sony Microsystem(MHC-3500) speakers that have been damaged. The system has always served me well. Looking at either Tangent Evo 4 (in yellow) or denon scm 73. I have seen reviews of the evos (What Hi-Fi 4*) but not the denons. Any opinions ?

Are the denons any good.

Are the yello evo's very yellow -pictures look a nice creamy light yellow which would be ideal.

Many thanks,

HH

A

Anonymous

The tangent's look funky. Denon are not exactly known for their speakers, that's not to say they are pants cos they might be ok but I think you should get some pucker budget hi-fi speakers in the likes of 'Wharfedale Diamond 9's, Tannoy F1 Customs or even Mordant Short 902i's to name but a few that are out there. You should be able to pick all three of these up under the £100 pound mark but maybe a few quid more for the wharfdales.

Hope this helps.

Other Possible route is to get a budget hi-fi system, You could pick a quality one up for about £400 minus cables etc.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'd go for the Tangent's over the Denons, but agree with Pauls other choices of speakers out there... maybe it's time to switch to a wholly separates system
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

There's the Q Acoustics 1010 for under £100 which are meant to be very good too - although I've not heard them

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts