Help to find a great audio system on a budget!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to help!

I am looking for a great sounding audio system and don't really know what I'm doing in all honesty. I have spent the day looking at computer speakers such as the Logitech Z-906 then going on to AV Receivers then to amplifiers and I'm finding it all a bit confusing.

I would like a great sounding audio system all included for <£4-500 (Under £400 would be ideal). I have a Sony MHC-EC99I Hi-Fi currently but fancied something with maybe surround sound and great sound quality that can beat it, so was thinking of going 5.1 speakers with an amp of receiver. If you think I can't get much better for my price range please let me know and I won't bother.

Would a Denon AV receiver suitable for surround sound also have great music quality when hooked up to my computer?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
A competent 5.1 system for that sort of money might be hard to find. You may be best off getting the AVR first with a pair of good standmount speakers. These can then be moved to rear duty when you have the funds to add some larger fronts, like a pair of matching floorstanders.

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I think you need to decide if you are going for a 2 channel stereo sytem for music, which is possible with your budget. Or if you really want to go for 5.1 AV system, difficult under £500. Stereo systems are usually better for music than AV systems of similar value.

What sources will you use - cd, computer, mp3 player ? Do you already have a blu ray player ?

Extra details will get you better advice.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

jiggyjoe

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Get yourself down to your nearest richer sounds for a demo of some kit, They do really good system offers around your budget.
smile.png

A

Anonymous

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I would be using my computer almost always. I have some CD's but I rip them and play through my computer anyway!

TRENDING THREADS