Speaker cables - length & suitability

Yeshawk

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I've just upgraded my amp from an old Nad 3020A to Roksan Caspian M2, with a matching CD player. I have a pair of oldish B&W 703s and Linn K20 cables. Would I benefit from upgrading the cables to something like Chord Odyssey or Naim NACA5, or something similar? K20 cable still seems to be well regarded by a lot of people.

Another issue is my equipment is to one side of both speakers, so my cable lengths are 5.5m and 1.5m. Is it really necessary to have a matching pair as some dealers would have you believe? Going up a notch to something £20-30/m is fine but allowing for excess length which may not be needed rankles a bit!

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I would keep what you have.if you want to make an upgrade go for a power cable like clearer audio chopper line at £175.you get a 30 day money back guarantee.your speaker wire is very balanced so start with a good power lead first and try the chord shawline interconnect at £180.i have one speaker wire length at 1.5 meters and one at 3 meters I can't tell any difference.

Yeshawk

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for responding seemorebtts, I had a feeling that might be the case! I've already got some Chord and QED interconnects so maybe I will look at the mains cables.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeshawk said:
Thanks for responding seemorebtts, I had a feeling that might be the case! I've already got some Chord and QED interconnects so maybe I will look at the mains cables.

what chord and qed do you have as some are not good

Yeshawk

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Chord C-line for bluetooth receiver and headphone amp, Linn for phone stage, QED Performance for bluray and Chord chameleon for the CD

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeshawk said:
Chord C-line for bluetooth receiver and headphone amp, Linn for phone stage, QED Performance for bluray and Chord chameleon for the CD
these cables are fine.you should look into the power cables as I think it's the best upgrade.good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts