Speaker advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, i need some advice for my setup. I currently have Naim Super Nait, CD5x, Flatcap2 with Spendor S5e. I always thought i like the warm and laid back sound of Spendor. Nothing wrong with Spendor but on couple of CD the laidback sound make the music sound pretty boring. Recently by chance i drop by a fellow Naim user which consist of Naim 202/200, NAPSC, Hi-Cap, CDX2 with Dynaudio Focus 110.

Man i was so amaze by this small little speaker, not only it had detail, the bass is tight and with alot of PRAT. I was very impressed but now the question is by changing from Spendor to Dynaudio Focus 110, is this consider an upgrade. I had been pondering for a while. Can anyone please advice? Thanks

matthewpiano

Messiah:If you believe that by changing to these speakers you are going to produce a sound you prefer then that is all that really matters.....

I couldn't agree more. If it sounds better to your ears then you can consider it an upgrade.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
If you feel its better, its better. I would make sure its not a instant immpression though. Its surprising how often something that on a quick listen seems better, only to become waring over extended listening

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Speakers are going to be as good as your room and electronics that they partner with. SuperNait is an excellent product but you'll need to match it well to get the best out of the black/green box. Dynaudio are excellent but as an ex superNait owner, Can I also suggest few more pair for you to try....Neat Motive 1 (the most predictable suggestion but for a good reason), Adam Audio Pencil (quite expensive but excellent timing make a thrilling listen), Kudos C10 (a tad bright but imo, good match with Naim)

A

Anonymous

I had spend about couple of hours in my friend place listening to the Focus 110 with some of my favorite CD as i do not wish to act on impulse. I don't feel fatigue after prolong stay there which i feel is good. I had also listen to Focus 110, Motive 1 at dealer place but find the neat bright and thin sounding. The dealer is using Plinius audio for focus while the dealer of neat is driving it with Naim gears. I am generally impressed with the Focus 110, the sound blew me away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts