soundstage set up......help.

Blainetoner

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi,
Having finally fixed my left main speaker.......the main drive unit was fecked, so I was using a spare Q8 rear sat on top......I had hoped that the soundstage.....now that both drive units were at the same level.....would simply snap into place, but to no avail. I have moved the speakers backwards and forwards a little.....in fact when I moved from the marantz.....they had come forward a little as the bass was getting a little unrully.

Since the speaker was last in fine fettle, I have both replaced the amp (from my beloved Marantz PM66 Ki Sig) and moved to a new house.....but I just dont seem to be able to get the soundstage to sound as it has done in previous times.

I am wondering whether I might need to squish things together a bit,.....or swap the tv and rack around, I have attached a link to a photo of my current set up taken this evening, Am I goin about it all wrong?? I have been thinking that a change of speakers might be in order due to the limitation of space......with a set of Epos stand mounts high on the list....would this help?? I just think that I am maybe trying to fit too much on the wall.
B
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blainetoner/2533953949/

A

Anonymous

The UniQs are generally good at soundstaging. You need to pull them out more though so you hear more direct sound rather than all of the deflected sound you're getting from that left wall now. Toe them in a bit too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts