Sounds good

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Well, yesterday I was playing some Nils Lofgren when a friend walked in.

I need to go back some time, when I visited Ashley to listen to some original ADM's, same friend accompanied me. - He is not an 'audiophile', not at all but he's been to the Bristol Show as well, more as an unwilling accomplice than by choice, which caused him some bemusement at the time. -

He has good ears though and promptly declared the ADM's as the best speakers he heard at the time. His opinion.

Roll forward to yesterday, he was immediately quiet and asked what was playing. We increased volume to just about tolerable and he immediately said that was better than what he remembered at Ash's.

To put this into perspective, our visit to AVI was a long time ago, different rooms, different music etc etc so this has to be taken with a pinch of salt but nevertheless, my work seems to have paid off and I'm chuffed. It kind of confirmed what I was thinking but its always good to hear somebody elses opinion.

Changing and modifying stuff gets me closer to my hobby and gives me more satisfaction than just buying off the shelf.

Anybody living in the South and wanting to pop by for a nose is welcome. Perhaps mail me through John or Andrew and we can arrange something. - I'll get some beers in.

regards

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
What have you done to the AVI speakers (are they active?).

I find this interesting as I am umimg and ahing over what to do with my AE speakers, they are 15 years old and due to be replaced.

I love the idea of modifying hi-fi. I have just had Fidelity Audio modify all my electronics (amps & cd player) - but speakers are a bit easier and I fancy a tinker myself.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
PP, various ones but the one I was playing yesterday was some MS10i Pearls, Sony STR DB930 and Spotify Premium/Thorens TT. QED and Naim cables.

All worked on to varying degrees (except Spotify :) )

I should have made clearer that my speakers are not ADM actives.

Modifying speakers is easily reversible should you not like what you hear. It really depends on what you think should be improved in the first place. - Have a go at it.

Happy sunny weekend everyone!

regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts