sound synch problem with tv,receiver,Virgin TV drive.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Got new Samsung 686 40 lcd tv and along with a Pioneer dv 696 player and Virgin TV drive cable box, hooked them all up to Sony HT 1100 home cinema receiver using three HDMI cables as per instructions for the receiver. I also have an optical cable from the Virgin box to the receiver and a coaxial cable from DVD to receiver. Everything's great except a delay in sound transfer to the TV from the Virgin box which is very distracting. Any suggestions how to remedy this?

Thanks

Sandy Watt

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sandy, I get the same from my setup, if your listening to sound via TV and AV at the same time, Simple solution is to mute the TV and listen via the AV or tv only.

I'm cabled same way from my V+... HDMI & optical to AV. Have my AV amp linked to the tv so when its turned on it automatically mutes the TV speakers, (these are both from same manufacturer) not sure if you can do the same.

If it can be synched I would be handy to know.

HTH - sc00bie

A

Anonymous

The idea of an additional AV system to enhance the sound of the tv, is that it replaces the sound from the tv speakers and is not in addition to it. You are not meant to listen to both at the same time, just one or the other. It will be impossible to sync the two, so I wouldn't bother trying.

A

Anonymous

Sorry folks, i did not explain the problem too well; my problem is that the av sound is not synched with the visuals.I have the TV sound muted all the time as I only want to hear it via the receiver.

Hope this clarifies

Thanks

sandy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts