near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Samsung UE55KU6400

SONY BDP-S7200

Yamaha RX-V675

SONY PS4 Pro

Hello

Im after some advice regarding ,outputting the sound from the TV ,to the AV amp .Currently I have all my devices connected to the amp,and the amp connected to the TV.

Because my AV amp does not support 4k ( I could be wrong ?),I was advised to connect the devices directly to the TV,then ouput the sound to the AV amp.

With the sound coming via the TV ,will the signal still be the same quality as the direct connection,ie HD DD 5.1 ?

If this will produce the same signal,what is the best method for doing so,what HDMI port,which settings need to be changed?

Thank you

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
macdiddy said:
your amp does support 4k pass-through.

*music2*

its not hdcp.2.2 for HDR, so it won't pass through the latest 4 k format/signal, only up to 4K pass through it says on the Yamaha website.

if you need to send the former to your TV! Then all you need to purchase is a BD player with 2hdmi outputs, 1 for sound to your AV and the other to your TV.

if you want to run a Netflix or amazon prime box which is HDR, then I'm not sure what to do for this as these boxes do not have twin hdmi; unless, you have these apps on your Tv, then you can run the sound down your ARC hdmi port on Tv back to your AV. Does this make sense?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
None of your source boxes appear to be 4K, go go ahead and connect those to the AV receiver, thence via the HDMI output that has ARC (audio return channel) capability on both your TV and receiver.

If you have 4K devices like an Amazon Box, Sky box or whatever, connect those directly to the TV using the non ARC inputs.

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi all.

Many thanks for the help and support,much appreciated .

I paid a visit to RS yesterday ,I will be upgrading to a newer amp which supports 2.2 .

I like the Yamaha RXV381,and it does support 2.2 :)

What do you think of the Onkyo?. Is it worth going for an Atmos amp?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Atmos receivers require in or on ceiling speakers (best), speakers set high up on the wall where wall meets ceiling and angled downwards (second best) or speakers with upward firing drivers that bounce sound off the ceiling (very hit or miss, depending on your room, ceiling construction and listening position(s) ).

Unless you're prepared to put the money into your system for one of those options, don't bother with an Atmos receiver. You may, however, get an Atmos / DTS:X receiver by default.

Also, there aren't any Atmos DVDs at all AFAIK, and Atmos regular BDs are pretty rare. The studios seem to be keeping Atmos soundtracks back for UHD BDs in collusion with the hardware manufacturers to push people into buying UHD BD players.... said Fox Mulder and Grassy Knollington....

Only yesterday I pre ordered Hacksaw Ridge blu ray which has Atmos soundtrack.

Full list of titles here (check the PDF labelled "United Kingdom"):

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/experience/dolby-atmos/bluray-and-streaming.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts