Sound Bar Advice

mh12

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I could use some advice on selecting a sound bar for a bedroom at no more than £250.

I have heard great reviews for JBL CINEMA SB200 & Philips HTL5120... any suggestionsfor a better option?

Ideally it will be powerful, good bass return and stylish...

Not interested in a full surround system - due to lack of space in the room! Lounge is already set up...

If anyone can advise I would be really grateful :)

mh12

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your reply Andy. If I was to say the sub ideally would be integrated into the sound bar what would you alternatively suggest?

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Hiya. I can recomend the Roth Sub zero. Good performance, built in sub woofer which gives good taut bass. Clear speech and good left right seperation. Don't expect the full surround effect like a normal surround system. But it does sound great. And at £120ish its a bargin.

The only thing which might be against you is it only has 1 optical, 1 stereo phono and a minijack input. Which suited me fine since my tv doesn't have a digital out.

Keep rocking :rockout:

mh12

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Cheers guys - I've gone through other bits of info and unfortunately the Philips HTL5120 is length wise too big! :( as is the LG suggestion... But only by about 8inches so not that bad!

Any further suggestions?

SteveR750

Andy Clough said:
We particularly rate the LG NB3520A at £250, well worth a look:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/lg-nb3520a

I have one of these that came bundled with an LG LED TV from Currys. It's OK, but thats all. If this is the better end of sound bar quality, then the bad ones must be truly awful! I actually think the TV built in speakers with the sub would sound better!

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Orbitsound T9? It's a compact soundbar, comes with a seperate woofer though. I've heard it and its rather impressive for the size and certainly a step up from most inbuilt tv speakers. Ipod dock on the top might seal the deal?

£199ish opitcal in phono in and minijack.

Keep on rocking :rockout:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts