Sony W6 series motion settings

ewing_82

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi - Does anyone know if the W6 Series TVs are 100hz or 200 hz TVs?

Also it seems that there is not a motionflow speed setting, like high, medium, low. From what I can see they seem to be linked to the scenes.

Is anyone able to advise if this is true and if so is sport technicaly the fastest motion flow setting? If so I would use sport and then tweak the other settings like contrast etc and use for all viewing.

This TV is an upgrade from a 50hz so I would like to be able to use the settings if they are available. If anyone can advise that wolud be great. Cheers

D

Deleted member 2457

ewing_82 said:
Hi - Does anyone know if the W6 Series TVs are 100hz or 200 hz TVs?

Also it seems that there is not a motionflow speed setting, like high, medium, low. From what I can see they seem to be linked to the scenes.

Is anyone able to advise if this is true and if so is sport technicaly the fastest motion flow setting? If so I would use sport and then tweak the other settings like contrast etc and use for all viewing.

This TV is an upgrade from a 50hz so I would like to be able to use the settings if they are available. If anyone can advise that wolud be great. Cheers

They look like 200 hz from their website:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-126-50-lcd/kdl-50w656a/features#tab

ewing_82

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah that's the thing, I'm not sure if it's an advertising thing that is a bit misleading. I'm sure motion looks smoother than my old 50hz tv and seeing I have gone from 32" to 42" if it wasn't smoother I would really notice it. Thing is with 200hz I would have expected a bit more of the soap opera affect but the set doesn't seem to have it. As such not convinced its more than 100hz. Thing is for most viewing I would use 100hz (medium setting) but for stuff that is naff source and shows blurring on any LCD tv having the option of a 200hz soap opera affect may be the lesser of the wo evils. But the real drag is because the set is so 'automatic' they have taken away a simple setting to select the desired motion level.

ewing_82

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
This is true and for movies on the whole I would just use 24p and most tv leave at 50hz thing is every LCD suffers with motion and for some stuff I think artefacts are the better option than really bad blur, this is why not having a simple setting is annoying as I would just leave it off but then if watching something particularly bad I would enable it for that specific program/film.

D

Deleted member 2457

I think you could be worrying too much. The new Sony TVs are really good with motion and I never see anyone complaining, I would say demo it and see what you think.

ewing_82

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi i actually bought the 42" w series last week. I'm just trying to understand all the settings so I can set it up and then leave it. This is the last setting I'm trying to understand which is proving hard as they don't provide full manuals theses days. Maybe it's because only a few geeks including myself would ever actually read them.

D

Deleted member 2457

ewing_82 said:
Hi i actually bought the 42" w series last week. I'm just trying to understand all the settings so I can set it up and then leave it. This is the last setting I'm trying to understand which is proving hard as they don't provide full manuals theses days. Maybe it's because only a few geeks including myself would ever actually read them.

I have two Sony TVs and have both of them on factory settings and the motion on both is fantastic.

ewing_82

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that, that's interesting to know. As far as motion handling, I guess my problem is I can't help but notice it on every set, this is partly why i wont part with serious cash for a tv for the next few years. I accept its part of the technology and alot of naff source and lazy filming, however once I have done my tweaking I can sit back enjoy the tv and tell my brain to ignore the flawed technology.

So last thing to ask you patient people. Is the tv therefore always in 100hz mode helping out with all pictures except game and possibly cinena 2 where it i assume switched off?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts