Sony W4500 Vs Sony Z4500 Vs Samsung A856

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Here we go then...

Me and my dad are currently looking at getting a 40" LCD screen each but are stuck between the Sony W4500, the Z4500 and the Samsung A856 sets. I'm looking more towards the Samsung, my dad more towards the W4500.

We both prefer Sony products but the Samsung just edges it to me but that's personal choice.

I have some questions:-

1). How does the W4500 compare with the Z4500 ? ? Where does the A856 fit in with this ? ?

2). Is the Z4500 worth spending more than the other two sets ? ?

3). With the Z4500 being the 1st 200MHz set. What about artifacts/halo's etc. and any other motion related problems.

Cheers

Paul

A

Anonymous

i have the same question as Paul. I am currently in the procedure to buy a new TV and i cant choose between the new Sony tvs and the 8 series of samsung. i have read all over the problems regarding the new sonys but i haven't seen so far any complaints regarding the samsung 8 series. Can someone help on this ?

A

Anonymous

The panels for both the Sony and Samsung sets are likely to be sourced from the same factory (SSLCD). I'm sure both manufacturers are desperately trying to implement picture processing technology that will outdo the other and both have excellent reputations for LCD performance...sooo I'd go and have a look at them in action! ;)

A

Anonymous

I looked at the Z4500 but and after a demo i couldnt see it being worth £700 more than the W4500, so i bought the W4500 and i love it

A

Anonymous

Glad it's not just me then ! !

Went to our local Comet over the weekend and managed to have a bit of a play with the 3 sets mentioned. Hard to tell much really as they were all running a crappy feed through the aerial socket split to about 50-60 other sets. The 3 sets mentioned were all set on their shop defaults - bright and blocky. Changed a few settings on each and couldn't see a lot of difference but again it was a poor signal feed so hard to tell really.

After a bit of discussion both me and my dad came to the same conclussion... Samsung A856 ! !

Sony W4500 was a very close 2nd and the Z4500 3rd but this was mainly due to it being so much more than the other 2 sets and not really worth (to us anyway) the extra money.

As we speak now, waiting for John Lewis to pricematch Robert Wyhte Ltd for 2x Samsung 40A856 sets - £869 each with 5 year warrenty. Don't think thats a bad price really.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts