Best Sub $3k 65" OLED--A90J vs. G2

chfarago

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
Hello all, I am looking to buy an OLED TV for streaming movies and TV shows. I never game and I sometimes watch golf during the day, though not in an extremely bright environment. I had a Hisense U7G, but I returned it because I was dissatisfied with the motion handling and upscaling, which looked horrible to me.

I have around $3,000 USD (2,464 GBP) to spend on a 65" TV. Motion handling and processing are very important to me (I get distracted by weird motion and artifacts), so I lean towards the Sony A90J ($2,800), but the LG G2 ($2,900) gets significantly brighter.

Which should I choose? Thank you!

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Hello all, I am looking to buy an OLED TV for streaming movies and TV shows. I never game and I sometimes watch golf during the day, though not in an extremely bright environment. I had a Hisense U7G, but I returned it because I was dissatisfied with the motion handling and upscaling, which looked horrible to me.

I have around $3,000 USD (2,464 GBP) to spend on a 65" TV. Motion handling and processing are very important to me (I get distracted by weird motion and artifacts), so I lean towards the Sony A90J ($2,800), but the LG G2 ($2,900) gets significantly brighter.

Which should I choose? Thank you!
Are you sure the LG G2 is significantly brighter than the Sony A90J because both are heat sink panels?

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
I would just go with the Sony looking at these figures:

They are very similar overall. I doubt anyone could tell the difference between the two of them.

chfarago

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
Freddy, thanks for your reply! This was actually the article that led me to believe the G2 is brighter, especially in SDR content (see screenshot). I'm leaning towards the Sony though, so thanks for your input!

I would just go with the Sony looking at these figures:

They are very similar overall. I doubt anyone could tell the difference between the two of them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 8.07.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 8.07.43 AM.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 5

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts