Sony STRDA2400ES or Onkyo 607

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I have looked at the Onkyo 607, which i though was ratehr tasty

Richersounds are selling both of these now

Sony £399

Onkyo£ 449

Which is best overall from these two. Does the Sony pinch it in terms of Dynamics, Clarity etc

Is dialogue clearer, is the sound as beefy?? I would ask for a test, just Richersounds are poor for that!!

(driving the girlfriend crazy debating that i need a new amp!!!)

G Man

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi G man,

I assume you will be using this system for stereo playback too?

The Sony is seen as the better amp, overall, but it has been said that the onkyo amps work well with the KEF eggs.

If you are using this system for home cinema only, the Onkyo 606 might be something to look at, if you can find one. From what i can tell, the 606 is seen an slightly clearer for vocals than the 607? (Might be incorrect statement-please check)

Hope that helps....

A

Anonymous

Had the 607 about a month now and can tell you it gives film soundtracks a lot of grunt which I like. Cloverfield, Batman, Bond etc sound excellent. No problems with vocals, though I did increase the volume on the centre slightly and its not used for music so really can't comment on that. I would recommend but as always best to demo.

A

Anonymous

Hello, I am in simmilar situation and would like to see which one is better. I have bought and delivered Onkyo 875 (refurb ..£499) at great price but unfortunately, its too big to fit in my TV cabnet, so have to replace it with smaller one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts