Sony 2400es or Onkyo 577 /607, Ixos XHS553 or QED Silver Anniversary XT -help please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Was initially looking to track down a Sony 2400es to pair with some Kef 3005se and QED Silver Anniversary XT cable. Hi Spek say they have stock of the Sony but I can't easily get to St Albans to demo... Richer Sounds don't have the Sony receiver but have suggested instead that they can do an Onkyo 577, Kef3005se and Ixos XHS553 for about £50 less.

Which do folks think would be the better choice for both amp and cable? Ideally want to get reasonable music performance from amp as well as movies? Should I consider the Onkyo 607 as well?

I have tried finding reviews of the Ixos cable (have already seen that the QED XT seems well recommended) but without much luck, so any steer on these or alternative cable choices would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

A

Anonymous

Hi

Based purely on reviews, I would stick with a Sony 2400es. You want to have an amp for movies and music and the Onkyo is often reffered to as not so great with both, whilst from your own choice, the Sony is merritted for being great with both music and movies.

Have you found the Sony 2400es in stock and cheaper than 419 anywhere?

Jay

A

Anonymous

Hi Jay,

Happy to say I did track down a Sony 2400ES, in black, from Hi-Spek in St Albans. Not sure of individual price (499 possibly?) as I got mine as part of the package with the Kefs.. but they will no doubt do a deal. Collected mine yesterday so they definitely have them though they are apparently selling v. fast!

Happy hunting!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts