Sony str1200es and Sony s350 Blu ray player best connection

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My new sony receiver str1200es came yesterday and i am very pleased with it, i hope to get a sony s350 blu ray player in the next few weeks.

Can anyone tell me the best way to connect the blu ray player and receiver to my panasonic 37px80 plasma, can i use the hdmi socket on the receiver.

A

Anonymous

Yes, no problem, hdmi from player to reciever than hdmi from reciever to tv.

Alan

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Plus of course either multichannel analogue connections if you want HD audio, or a digital connection if you're happy to just have Dolby Digital and standard DTS.

However, the BDP-S350 doesn't have multichannel analogue output, so you'll need to find a player that does: the older Panasonic DMP-BD30 will do the job. ÿ

Gort1951

Aug 18, 2008
Visit site
The hdmi inputs on the str1200es are just a bolt on switch and the amp doesn't output any audio to your speakers. These amps are 2yrs old now.

It's basically obsolete whereas the str3200es can not decode raw bitstreamed audio but take decoded pcm audio from a blueray player.

The str5200es can decode bitstreamed audio.

The new str-x400es Sony av-amps can decode all the hd formats when they eventually make it to the shops.

It may be worth getting your money back.

A

Anonymous

roxsy:
My new sony receiver str1200es came yesterday and i am very pleased with it,

Gort1951:

Useful constructive advice there.....

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Gort1951:
The hdmi inputs on the str1200es are just a bolt on switch and the amp doesn't output any audio to your speakers. These amps are 2yrs old now.

It's basically obsolete whereas the str3200es can not decode raw bitstreamed audio but take decoded pcm audio from a blueray player.

The str5200es can decode bitstreamed audio.

The new str-x400es Sony av-amps can decode all the hd formats when they eventually make it to the shops.

What a load of tosh! You just need to buy a BD player that can decode the HD audio formats on board and that has analogue multi channel connection. This will enable you to watch bluray and get all the HD audio formats you can. Therefore far from being obsolete.

Gort1951

Aug 18, 2008
Visit site
Not really, if you bought the Sony S350 Blueray player it can not decode DTS HD internally, where as an amp such as the Sony str-da2400es can decode the bit-streamed data.

There is also only 1 analogue multi-channel input on the 1200.

Forgot the S350 doesn't have analogue out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts