Sony STR-DH810

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am looking into replacing my old Sony surround package but there is not sufficient in the budget to replace the receiver and speakers at the same time. So I was thinking of replacing the receiver first with the above.

However my existing speakers are passive and I cannot see a speaker connection for the sub.

The future speakers are planned to be Kef or the new CA both I believe are active but are waiting to be auditioned.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
You'll need an active subwoofer to run with that amp,AFAIK the passive sub cannot be run.

As well, your old speakers will probably be 6 ohm and I'm not sure whether its a good idea to run those on that amp.

There are others on here better qualified than me though to give a more definative answer

A

Anonymous

I checked the impedance as I thought that maybe the 'first hurdle' and are 8 ohm but didnt give the active / passive sub a thought as my old system is passive and wrongly assumed the newer systems would support either.

Looks like I will have to more than double the initial budget and was considering either the KEF KHT1005.2 or the CAMBRIDGE AUDIO MINX S215

Of course I will audition both but does anyone have any views on either?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts