Sony STR-DH800. What Virtual Surround Speakers package for it

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello there, I need your expert opinion.

Just bought the Sony STR-DH800 and I'm looking for a virtual surround speakers package and a subwoofer (2.1 system) or a soundbar.

I'm not looking for a 5.1 or 7.1 system, don't wanna a lot of speakers around the room. I want a 2 speakers system that can virtualize surround sound or a soundbar.

I was looking at the KEF FiveTwo Series Model 7or the Yamaha YSP-600 (but this one is already an amplifier). And for subwoofer the Yamaha YST-FSW050 or YST-FSW150

Any opinions regarding this? Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance, and looking forward for you ideias.

Ricardo

A

Anonymous

As you say the YSP-600 has inbuilt amplification, so you would not be able to hook it upto your Sony.

I have not not seen or heard the Kef solution, but seems to get good reviews else where.

I don't usually find these sort of systems immersive enough for my liking, just my opinion though, probably because I am used to full surround sound.

They usually work best in a nice square/rectangular room, with reflective walls and evenly placed furniture.

I have a couple of Wharedale SW150 subwoofers they where on special offer for £150.00 each @ Superfi, these are excellent for the money.

I would recommend you try to get a demo, preferably with your receiver, if possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts