Sony STR-DG820 problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am having problems hooking up the reciever to my DVD recorder, everthing else is working fine via HDMI but the recorder only has audio and visual connection (Red, yellow & White) and i cant get a picture to come up, only sound via the video 1 input. Does any one know if i'm missing a trick here?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
The 820 does not upconvert so to get a picture from it, you would need to connect a composite video cable (yellow) from the amp to the TV. If you only have one composite video source, I wouldn't bother connecting via the amp. Stick with the audio cable and just use the amp for sound. What is the make/model of the DVD Recorder? If it has SCART, connect direct and use RGB as composite video (yellow) is the lowest quality signal type and I don't think you're gaining anything by routing video via the amp.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

It's quite an old recorder, Sony RDR-GX210, i used to be able to copy dvds onto it from my Sony All in one DVD and Amp but since buying the AV Reciever have got a Dennon DVD-1940 and it's not playing ball so i'm trying to route it through the reciever to use it's recording facility. The DVD recorder has SCART but wont allow me to record from the Dennon?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I can't really comment on DVD-to-DVD copying but routing via the receiver is probably doomed to failure. A PC is a better option for (legitimate) backing up of DVDs!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts