Sony STR-DA2400ES and Pioneer 434 - no picture misery

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Today I bought the Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver to replace my Yamaha 2600, mostly due to the WHFS&V review, and because of the four HDMI inputs (over the two on the Yamaha). I need these because I own a Pioneer 434, which was the first UK plasma with HDMI, and of course only has one HDMI input. Unusually these days, everything goes through a media receiver which minimises the cables going to the plasma itself.

I set everything up very carefully this afternoon, and all was fine, except that there was no picture coming through to the plasma. I thought I'd set it all up correctly and this was proved when I borrowed my son's 19" LCD, on which the output from the Sony came through fine. So I have HDMI inputs from my DVD, Sky+ and PC all going into the Sony, and successfully coming out of the 19" LCD, but it won't work with the Pioneer. I know the cable to the Pioneer is working as I have other connections not going through the Sony receiver. I've also double-checked the HDMI setup on the Pioneer, and can't see anything wrong with it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

You know the Sony will send the signal ok over the cable to the 19" so that rules out a lot of things. You know the Pioneer will receive picture over the cable from another source.ÿ

I would have thought that the only thing that could prevent the connection from working directly between the Sony and the Pioneer is that some protocol negotiation is failing and the Sony is not recognising that there is a valid HDMI capable device at the end of the cable. Is there a way in the Sony config to force the output format (eg Change HDMI output from auto to something specific?).ÿ

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your response. Sadly, the manual is very poor and lacks detail. I can't find anything about the HDMI output, and how to set it.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
BillyBears:Thanks for your response. Sadly, the manual is very poor and lacks detail. I can't find anything about the HDMI output, and how to set it.

If you think that manual is poor, you should try and read the Denon manuals!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts