Sony Sony Sony

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After buying a ps3 iv decided to invest in a sonykdl40 w4500 lcd to enhance my gaming pleasure, watch blu-rays and watch the odd bit of tele. I want a good home cinema system to get the most out of everything and was thinking of getting a sony DAVDZ860 system for its integrated bravia qualities.However iv read that it doesnt have a hdmi input so i wouldnt be able to run my ps3 through it with an hdmi connection, will this affect performance much and can i still link it up using other connections. Is it worth forking out for an av reciever aswell so i can link everything up nicely, or should i buy a differnt system altogether.

Thanks for your help

A

Anonymous

Hi
You really need an amp that can accept audio over HDMI or you won't get the full benefit of the HD audio. The PS3 converts HD audio to LPCM which the amp uses. Something like the Onkyo TX-SR606 or Yamaha DSP-AX763 or similar spec to that. You'll notice the difference. It'll probably cost a bit more than the sony though.

A

Anonymous

If you want to benefit from Bravia Sync, don't rule out Sony's range of receivers.

A

Anonymous

yeah, u could get the sony cinema amp for around 230 quid if you do a quick google search and i would recommend the jamo A102HCS5 surround sound speaker package that cost 250 but yet again if you do a search you will find them for around 180- you can also read up on these speakers on this site if you click on the best buys tab under style speakers

TRENDING THREADS