Is Sonos Arc overkill for a 50" Sony 85J TV?

Danick11

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
I bought the 50" Sony 85J at Christmas - mainly because of price and the fact it had 2 x hdmi 2.1 for xbox and PS5. However, I don't really have time to play game consoles and prefer to watch movies and TV shows on Disney Plus, Prime and Netflix. Is the Sonos Arc overkill - the room is quite big. Is there a better alternative? Thanks

Danick11

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
The only reason I thought it might be overkill as it's nearly the same price I paid for the TV last year. I currently have a really old What Hi Fi LG soundbar and wireless sub from years ago and am hoping if I get the arc that I won't miss the sub. I was also thinking about the Yamaha Bar 400 - any thoughts?

Yamaha bar 400 is a good shout but it doesn't decode Atmos. If you're looking at soundbar with Atmos within your budget, Samsung has a few models. I've got the Sonos Arc and it's excellent. But if you're not into Sonos multiroom, there are other options in the market that offer better value for money.

Danick11

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
Yamaha bar 400 is a good shout but it doesn't decode Atmos. If you're looking at soundbar with Atmos within your budget, Samsung has a few models. I've got the Sonos Arc and it's excellent. But if you're not into Sonos multiroom, there are other options in the market that offer better value for money.

Did you pair your Sonos Arc with a Sonos Gen3 Sub? Is the Arc good enough on its own without the sub? Did you have a soundbar with a sub prior to buying the Sonia Arc? If so - did you miss the sub? Thanks

Yes, I've paired the Arc with the sub as well as 2 Sonos One SLs for a 5.1 setup. The Arc on its own goes pretty low, so you should be ok without a sub. The sub extends the depth though. You can always add the sub later when funds allow.

My previous soundbar was Sonos Playbar without sub which was also excellent and I never missed the sub. The Arc is better than Playbar.

TRENDING THREADS