Sony Multi Channel AV/Receiver STR-DN1010

FROGIT

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi all members, Having a bit of trouble with my above named AV Receiver. I own a Sony STR-DN1010, the rear back surround speakers do not function, I have carried out an Auto Calibration on the receiver, during the test sound could be heard coming from both rear back surround speakers, but the weird thing is that when I play DVD, Blu-Ray films & Sky HD channels no sound come out of the speakers in question. During the test an error 33 message appeared on the screen. All the speaker cable connections have been checked & seem to be intact. I have allready reset my Av Receiver to factory settings, and the problem is still there. Recently I downgraded my speaker system from 7.1 to 5.1 and was wondering could that be the problem ?.

I have submitted two Emails to Sony UK to see if they have any solution to my problem, still awaiting a Reply. I would be very grateful for any thoughts & ideas how to rectify this fault.

Awaiting any response or answer to my problem, thanking you kindly,

Regards :- FROGIT

Haleem123

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you have the rear speakers connected into surround and not surround back?also when watching a blurry you are not selecting 2ch stereo

TRENDING THREADS