Sony KDL32HX753BU - online content: no audio through amp.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the amp if it is anything like mine you have to turn the ARC on so it will get the audio back from the TV, also make sure you have the HDMI in the ARC enabled connection on the TV.

Regards ...

A

Anonymous

Hi - thanks for that. For somw reason the main text of my post didn't appear(?). My amp is Cambridge Audio 650a stereo amp, it is connected using analogue interconnects via a scart adaptor.. sound is fine when watching tv but nothing at all with online content, weirdly the sound comes out of tv speakers when online, just not amp!

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Ahh that is why. The L & R audio phono connections out if the tv has them, or use the heaphone socket i know the TV has using an adaptor to phono to the ampifier.

Regards..

A

Anonymous

The TV doesn't appear to have L & R audio outs as such, although it does have component outs. I have tried using the red / white sockets of the component outs but there is no sound through the amp at all when I do this.

I am using a Scart component out adaptor which works well when watching broadcast TV but no sound comes out at all when I use the online services. Obviously, this is very frustrating when trying to watch iPlayer, YouTube etc.

I also have a Panasonic HDD recorder plugged into the TV via HDMI and also the L & R audio out from the Panasonic HDD recorder into the amp; could this be causing some kind of conflict and is it necessary to have both sets of audio outs to the amp or could I do this with just one set of audio cables?

Sorry for all the questions, hope that's clear!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts