Sony KDL-40W3000 and freeview hd

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My tv is a few years old now, Sony KDL-40W3000, but I do remember that it said it had a built in freeview hd tuner, to make it future proof. Could someone maybe confirm that I should get freeview hd with this tv, without the need for a box? Apparently I can get STV HD in my area, rescanned my channels but no luck.

A

Anonymous

unfortunatey not ..sorry ..

freeview hd was only launched in certain tvs this year...

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
If it's not a 2010 model with freeview HD you won't get it, you might be best waiting for freeview HD to come out with a recorder & buying that to watch HD programs.

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought that myself, but read the review here http://stuff.tv/review/Sony-KDL-40W3000/ , it says it has an integrated hd tuner, strange.

matthewpiano

There is an integrated HD tuner in your TV but guess what? It isn't compatible with any current broadcast standard in the UK so you will need to add an external box if you wish to receive Freeview HD.

A

Anonymous

mp while your around can i ask you your opinions on the sony 46nx703 v 46hx703 ? a forumite (gel) is considering the former , am i correct in saying you think the hx is a superior tv ? ta...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts