Sony HT-SS1300 and Panasonic Gear

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've recently upgraded to Pana HD TV (TX-32LZD85) and Blu ray (BD35). I've already got a Pana DVD cinema-in-a-box, which I reckon sounds OK for my living room, but the maddening thing about it is its virtual lack of inputs for other equipment (just 1 set of phono inputs) I bought it before HD was out there and never thought I'd need any more inputs. Currently my BD plays sound through the TV, which although is good, doesn't compare to my DVDs played through the cinema unit. I originally planned to go for a separate Yamaha 763 amp and some new speakers but have realised that:-

1. I don't really need that much power (I want to stay on speaking terms with my neighbours)
2. I can't really afford it and probably will never be able to, having a wife, car, mortgage and a monthly gas/electricity bill !!

So I'm looking at a one box solution again. Now I'm a bit old fashioned and prefer to stick to the same make because of compatibility etc (plus I do like the Viera link functionality), but having looked at the Panasonic One box solutions I've come to the conclusion that they've lost touch with reality. They all come with DVD or BD, and have next to naff all inputs for other equipment, obviously assuming that anyone wanting to connect other equipment has pots of money to spare and will go down the separate amp and speaker route.

Now, I've seen the Sony HT-SS1300 which is in my price range, and it seems to have a much larger range of connections, and seems to be a good compromise. My question is, has anyone used this Sony kit with the Pana BD-35, and is it OK? (I can't see why it shouldn't be) Or can anyone recommend a better package (Up to £400)?

Any help appreciated - I'm tearing my hair out trying to decide what to do, and not being that up on this stuff is making it really difficult.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

SS 1300 is a very good system, i run mine with a PS3 and gives me everything i need, the dark knight was fantastic, i know the 1300 does not upscale but the PS3 is there for that.

A

Anonymous

Still think Pana are missing a trick though.........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts