Sony BDP-S570 vs Cambridge Audio 650BD vs Denon DVD-2500BT

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Tempted by the Oppo but I'm edging towards the 650BD because it will be easier to get support or return if it isn't compatible with my HDMI switch. Altho I've had bad experiences with Richer Sounds support in the past, better the devil you know (maybe). Also hoping that there will be a price reduction in the sales.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had any HDMI compatibility problems with the 650BD myself. Been very pleased with it for music and video (very fast loading and excellent picture). I like the "Pure Audio" option on the remote which cuts out all the video processing elements and even the display, when listening to CD/SACD/DVD-A.

Oppo in the US is renowned for its brilliant customer service. I'm sure the customer service here will be no different. It will also be sold in some shops, including Ideal AV in Leeds. I wouldn't worry about returns or support.

The Cambridge Audio in itself is a very nice player. Another option is the Denon DBP 1611UD.

A

Anonymous

good luck with the Denon. I only kept ine for a few months. It was the slowest player ever, couldnt wait to getrid of it. Great image though but just not worth it for me.

michael hoy

grogs316:good luck with the Denon. I only kept ine for a few months. It was the slowest player ever, couldnt wait to getrid of it. Great image though but just not worth it for me.

"Patience is a virtue"

"All good things come to he who waits"
emotion-5.gif
emotion-2.gif

Agree it is not the fastest loading player but I do not feel it is excessive.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
grogs316:good luck with the Denon. I only kept ine for a few months. It was the slowest player ever, couldnt wait to getrid of it. Great image though but just not worth it for me.

The OP wanted the best picture and sound quality, not the fastest loading time.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:

The OP wanted the best picture and sound quality, not the fastest loading time.

Very well said Ronald.

It never fails to amaze me how some folk would trade in a superb player for PQ and AQ like the Denon, for another player that happens to be faster at loading !! So obviously quality doesnt matter to them but more of loading times?

I is lost for words.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Each to their own though, Jase. After all, wasn't there a test recently in WHF where people couldn't see or hear a difference between a budget Blu-Ray player and a top of the range player? So if that's the case, it would be a waste of money for that person to have the Denon, especially if they could have faster loading times on another player.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:
Each to their own though, Jase. After all, wasn't there a test recently in WHF where people couldn't see or hear a difference between a budget Blu-Ray player and a top of the range player? So if that's the case, it would be a waste of money for that person to have the Denon, especially if they could have faster loading times on another player.

Yes, i totally agree Prof, certainly each to there own.

I wish i couldnt tell the difference between a budget and a high end player, save me a fortune.

Merry Christmas Prof.

A

Anonymous

I have to say I'm really frustrated with the ubiquitous slow loading standards on dvd and blu-ray players. Not that it would put me off an otherwise great player, but for example my panasonic 55 takes half a minute just to switch on, even if there is no disc in the machine, and if you put a scratched disc in, it will take about a minute before it gives up. I can't understand what it can be doing during all this time, it must be sloppy, dumb programming, which is not a good sign of quality or attention to detail.

A

Anonymous

I've ordered the Oppo BDP-93. Will let you know what it's like when i get it :)

cinemafan

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Only problem for me is the S370 isn't multi region, as my old Panasonic DMR-ES10 DVD recorder was. Does anyone know which of the Sony models is multi-region?

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
peteAllen:I've ordered the Oppo BDP-93. Will let you know what it's like when i get it :)I will be interested to read your review. I am a happy owner of an 83 so I doubt you will regret it

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
peteAllen:I've ordered the Oppo BDP-93. Will let you know what it's like when i get it :)

And now we all want to know how it will perform!!!

When do you hope to get it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts