sony bdp s350 bluray playback problems

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
ive got a sony as above and have around 150 blurays now and its been fine.that is until a couple of weeks ago when i tried to play iron man 2 and it didnt seem to read the disc,after trying a dozen times it did eventually work.

any way its been ok since then at least 3 or 4 blu's have been tried and all worked ok.

so i sat down tonight to watch the a team and as many times as i tried nothing, it just wouldnt work.i put the disc in the ps3 and it started in no time so the disc was ok.

i then ended up watching inception.(good film)which worked on the 350

however to get to the point i got the a team working on the 350 just DISCONNECT THE NETWORK CABLE AND USB and it worked first time.it could be a coincidance but im sure i did an update not long ago.

well thats it really just thought i would put it on the site so it could be found on a search or any one reading might be able to help sombody else out with advise. this could be my dodgy player or possably become more frequent with the 50 series and new blu's

cheers[Y]

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Your player is two generations out of date and is obviously struggling with the heavier aspects of BD-Live on some more recent discs. Disconnecting the network will probably prevent it from trying to load the internet based items.

A

Anonymous

I did the latest update on the player last week. I think it must have been issues a couple of weeks ago. The player alerted me as soon as it was turned on. It is always connected to the internet, by the way.

A

Anonymous

I have the same problem with the A Team disc on my Sony S760 - no issue on the PS3. Only disc it's ever had a problem with. I found your comments when I was searching for ideas on how to rectify it. Thanks for the tip. After reading your post I took the S760 off the network but that didn't solve it so I then removed the USB memory stick I use as external memory and it then worked fine.

A

Anonymous

A further update on the A Team BD issue: I've noticed now that a message appears when the external storage is removed saying 'This feature requires 4Gb of storage'. It doesn't say what the feature is but I guess it's something to do with BDlive. The memory stick I had plugged into my S760 was only 2Gb so I think now the problem was it was trying to load something too large for the storage available but the system wasn't intelligent enough to detect there wasn't enough space. Maybe it would have given enough time but I had left it for a good half an hour originally. It gives you the option to continue and then the disc loads and plays OK.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:Your player is two generations out of date and is obviously struggling with the heavier aspects of BD-Live on some more recent discs. Disconnecting the network will probably prevent it from trying to load the internet based items.

Or disable it on the player itself.....

A

Anonymous

I have this player and have never experienced problems playing any blu rays (including Iron Man 2) however I do have the up to date firmware but never leave the player permanently connected to the net (it is only ever connected when I want to update the player). Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts