SONY BDP 350 Blu Ray how to make it multiregion for DVDs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello
Very pleased with the player but I have a lot of region 1 DVD's I saw it on one of the posts about the firmware update that you could make it multi region or region free using one of the all in one remotes. Can some one help and tell me how to do it this way please>
Many thanks

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the reply, I will get one of these remotes and give it a try. All I need after that is to replace my Sony 550 one box surround system for one that gives me the same service without breaking the bank! Appreciate the prompt reply.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Yes, it's really straightforward, I've done several of them. You can use almost any OneForAll remote (I use one I bought for £8, it works fine), Harmony one and even some Nokia phoes that have IR out.
As I mentioned in a previous post, after checking with Sony, this "soft modding" procedure will not invalidate your warranty, as some people first suspected.
It merely sets the player in "service mode" and sets the region checking to "0".
It does not make the BluRay part region free unfortunately, but there are is a brace of players on the way from lesser known manufacturers that are totally region free and that will play DivX as well, although probably of dubious quality build!

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Just to let you know, after making mine multi-region I lost the 24fps light on the unit. Although the unit still outputs a 24fps signal as confirmed by my TV.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
DON'T PANIC!
emotion-11.gif

The 24fps lamp on the front panel is indeed used to confirm the region free status!
As you correctly state, it has no effect on the output signal.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the additional information, I wondered I could make the changes using my old Cambridge audio M500 multimedia explorer remote?

If so should I use the macro button as the magic one?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for this bigboss , have just ordered one using the link

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Tonya:DON'T PANIC!
emotion-11.gif

The 24fps lamp on the front panel is indeed used to confirm the region free status!
As you correctly state, it has no effect on the output signal.

This is interesting. My 350 was supplied as region free by the retailer (Richer Sounds) but the 24fps light still works. I guess I'll have to dig out my only R1 DVD and check it

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
dennism:All I need after that is to replace my Sony 550 one box surround system for one that gives me the same service without breaking the bank!

Good luck! I had a 550 before my current stuff (my parents have it now). I was originally gonna spend £1k for a new amp & speakers. I can't tell you how badly over budget I went.

:)

A

Anonymous

Hi Dennism & Big Boss.

ÿI just ordered mine and it came today and I have tried it once and it didn't work. I don't want to try again incase it messes up.

Did yours work ok and how did you do it?

I assume stand by is keeping it plugged in and just powering up with the normal sony remote?

I get the home screen and then i did it but its not working.ÿ

Shimminator:

Hi Dennism & Big Boss.

I just ordered mine and it came today and I have tried it once and it didn't work. I don't want to try again incase it messes up.

Did yours work ok and how did you do it?

I assume stand by is keeping it plugged in and just powering up with the normal sony remote?

I get the home screen and then i did it but its not working.

Hi!

That's odd. It usually works well. Check the seller's reviews. It has worked all the time. Why don't you contact the seller & check what the problem is? I'm sure he will help you with that.

b33k34

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
i still get my 24fps blue light. Odd that others are not.

Mine was multi-regioned via a harmony remote download from another forum site.

A

Anonymous

b33k34:
i still get my 24fps blue light. Odd that others are not.

Mine was multi-regioned via a harmony remote download from another forum site.

Same here. I used my Harmony remote with the download from another site and it worked first time and I still get the blue light for 24fps. It seems that with the 'one for all' fix you lose the blue light and with the 'Harmony' fix you don't.....weird!

A

Anonymous

Just want to say that I highly reccomend that link for the remote.

ÿvery good service and he sent replacement and it worked 1st time! brilliant!ÿÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts