Sonos Issues?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Is anyone having any problems with the new Sonos iPad app?

When I open it up, Napster is sometimes missing from the list. I have to go out of it and open it back up again for it to show. A couple of times, it just closes on it's own. In fact, I've just opened it up 5 times ina row, and Napster isn't there. Annoying, because I want to use it right now!!

Actually, I've just found it - when it's not showing on the Music Menu, it's in the More Music section. Why Spotify is hidden away in there along with Wolfgang's Vault I don't know - the iPad app has enough room on the screen for all those options to be listed together rather than having to click on a button to find more music options.

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Does seem a little flaky. Had to reinstall my iphone app. Seems to work ok now, sound quality a little better than Napster, but not that much. See my other post to compare Spotify/Napster/MP3/FLAC

scene

I had to drag myself away from it
emotion-1.gif

Great app - got a bit lost in the world of internet radio - was amazed to find 30 odd stations broadcasting Christmas stuff - all year!

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Sonos has tonight become sluggish, unresponsive and it has reset my hard wired S5. Had to reinitialise my whole system. Spotify loads when it wants to through Sonos. Napster working fine...

Huston we have a problem. off to the Sonos.com forum we go......

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to bring this old one up, but I'm still getting the problem of the extra music services (Napster/Spotify/Deezer) not showing up when I open my Sonos iPad app up, which also don't show up on my iPhone app either. Sometimes Last.FM doesn't show up, but that's far rarer.

The pain is that I want to listen to albums stored in my playlist on Napster, which I pay monthly for, and I want to search for some new artists too. I'd reset my 'controller', but I'm worried I'll lose the large playlist I have on Napster if I do, which is full of weird and wonderful stuff I'd never remember all the names of!!

Anybody else had this issue?

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Might be worth asking Chris at Sonos - he was very helpful with our original set-up and introduced us to Wolfgangs list which is a hidden gem of a live music collection if ever there was one.

We had a few issues setting up our iPhone and iPad with Sonos in store but after some tweaking with router settings everything now works fine. Using the iPad with Sonos is quite an experience - if anything the best touchscreen remote for a multi room system before even considering the myryad of other uses.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I've had the iPad since launch and not had any issues, including setting up, but this seems to have been a problem over the past few months, and coming to a head now!! I'll probably have to refer it to the tech guys at Sonos, but was just wondering if anyone had had a similar issue.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I occasionally lose Napster too. A useful option is to follow Napster, Napster Support and Sonos on Twitter. They get out messages when they're having server issues pretty quickly and you can report problems to them in real time too as well as request future update tweeks

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I am having to reset my handset more often these last 2 weeks since my wife updated the sonos app on her ipod. Itunes has been a pain on my PC where I have had to relocate the free Sonos downloads and some older itunes files. Could Apple updates be the cause of problems on Sonos?

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Dave but I am beginning to suspect that from removing the Living Room ZP90 from continous electrical power which tied in to the CR controller is the culprit, even though I have a Zonebridge on continous power but is out in the Conservatory connected to PC and Router.

My wife bless her bought me an expensive Monster Mains conditioner which allows Sky HD and another lucky feeder continous mains power which I have recently changed to my BD Player, I will now have to swap back to Zp90. I did this after purchasing Cyrus 6 power thinking it would be wise to have all hifi products on Monster audio feedback channel however these do not receive continous power.

It is annoying that something trivual as this would affect overal performance and I appreciate your efforts and troubles which obviously to this forum denotes your passion and expertise for us humble subjects and for that you deserve our gratitude.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Shado, that would explain your issue, the controllers, whilst they can control all zones, do associate themselves to a particular Zoneplayer (until they move out of range), so if that ZP isn't available it may upset the controller. I don't believe a Zonebridge can play the same role in this manner.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
While we're talking Sonos issues, can any of you suggest a fix to stop my microwave upsetting the Sonos and causing it to lose signal? The Sonos forum makes mention of this problem but I've not seen a "fix" for it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts