Cambridge Audio CXN StreamMagic Issue

Adam W.

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I use the StreamMagic app on my iPhone and iPad to stream music from Qobuz. The issue occurs with both Apple devices.

The problem ranges from intermittent to consistent and is extremely annoying.

During playback of a song, the music will pause/stop whenever my iPhone or iPad screen turns off after a few seconds of inactivity. It will also stop if I look at another app or menu on the device.

To continue playing the music I have to wake up the device and press play again.

Anyone know why?

RobSys

Jul 22, 2022
Visit site
I suspect that it's an Apple device problem... I have a CXN(V2) and use the streaming app on both my android tablet and phone with no issues... (unless my wifi is down...:) )

Reactions: Stuart.W.D

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I use the StreamMagic app on my iPhone and iPad to stream music from Qobuz. The issue occurs with both Apple devices.

The problem ranges from intermittent to consistent and is extremely annoying.

During playback of a song, the music will pause/stop whenever my iPhone or iPad screen turns off after a few seconds of inactivity. It will also stop if I look at another app or menu on the device.

To continue playing the music I have to wake up the device and press play again.

Anyone know why?

A long-time user of the Cambridge CXN V2 through Android and no problems using the app for me.

I use my V2 for wifi and don't use the Ethernet cable because my WiFi box is in a different room from my Hi-Fi setup.

The stream magic has been extremely stable for my requirements over the years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts