The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
CnoEvil said:

It doesn't really tell anyone anything, an exec makes a passing comment that they're looking at it but the official response at ask.sonos.com is that it's still "Not Planned", not even "Under Consideration", "Not Planned". I expect they're looking at an awful lot of possibilities, doesn't mean any of them will actually come to fruition.

Agreed, but if you start making anouncements to the press, it shows that it is certainly being taken seriously. On balance, I think it is more likely to happen, than not (at some point in the not too distant future).

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
The_Lhc said:
CnoEvil said:

It doesn't really tell anyone anything, an exec makes a passing comment that they're looking at it but the official response at ask.sonos.com is that it's still "Not Planned", not even "Under Consideration", "Not Planned". I expect they're looking at an awful lot of possibilities, doesn't mean any of them will actually come to fruition.

Agreed, but if you start making anouncements to the press, it shows that it is certainly being taken seriously. On balance, I think it is more likely to happen, than not (at some point in the not too distant future).

I don't, as the current hardware can't support it, the only one that could is the Connect and then only if set to Fixed Volume. The output on Sonos devices is 24-bits wide, 8-bits are used for volume control, I don't see how they can get round that in software.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
I don't, as the current hardware can't support it, the only one that could is the Connect and then only if set to Fixed Volume. The output on Sonos devices is 24-bits wide, 8-bits are used for volume control, I don't see how they can get round that in software.

You might be right....only time will tell.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts