Sonos, dbPoweramp and iTunes - Help!

gareth133

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi

For years, I have been running iTunes to convert CDs onto my iPod. As it was for an iPod and space was limited, I kept it at the default rip coding which I know is heavily compressed, however it was fine for an iPod and headphones.

I have now connected a Sonos system to my hi-fi and am ripping all of my CDs to a NAS drive in FLAC using dbPoweramp. Everything appears to be going well with the exception of one annoying thing. When I place a CD in the drive to be ripped by dbPoweramp, iTunes opens itself up and makes a nuisance of itself, attempting to get in on the ripping action. I shut it down quickly and it hasn't caused any problems but it is annoying.

I still use iTunes for ripping CDs into my iPod but I don't need or want it for ripping my FLAC files. How do I stop it opening when using dbPoweramp?

Please help before I lose my temper!!!!

Gareth

michael hoy

open dBpoweramp

Click options

scroll down to the bottom of the open window

2nd option from the bottom

Prevent auto-run on all CD drives

This stopped all programs opening when the CD was inserted on my laptop.

Might be worth a try for you.

moz-screenshot.png

A

Anonymous

Click Start, then click where it says 'search programs and files' and type 'autoplay' - and the autoplay menu comes up to allow you to change your default actions.

michael hoy

TechMad said:
Click Start, then click where it says 'search programs and files' and type 'autoplay' - and the autoplay menu comes up to allow you to change your default actions.

The OP may not want to turn it of for other things, the way I described only stops it when dBpoweramp is operational.

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Why not set DB poweramp as the default program to rip cds as described above and then use the multiple encoding option to rip a FLAC and whatever you want for your ipod at the same time?

Or...

Use itunes or poweramp to rip your cds to ALAC (apple version of FLAC - lossless and works with Sonos) for your itunes library and just tick the 'compress large files to AAC 128' option when syncing your ipod?

Not strictly what was asked I know, just a different way of looking at it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts