Sonos & Album Artwork

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Have Sonos owners ecountered the problem whereby some or most of the artwork for the albums do not show.

I rip my CDs with iTunes (lossless) and my files are stored on my Buffalo NAS. In iTunes i can see about 75% of the albums with artwork but very little on the Sonos.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mykspence

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You can copy and paste album art into a folder called 'folder' for each cd or if you have a large collection you could let http://www.blisshq.com/ do it for you.

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys.

In response to Mr Hoy I use an iPad, PCs and my Android phone

To The_LHC can you please confirm excatly how you go about embedding the art work?

Cheers

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
rs6mra said:
To The_LHC can you please confirm excatly how you go about embedding the art work?

Well I use dbPowerAmp to rip CDs, that will do it, but also I've retrospectively done this using MP3Tag. This is for FLAC files incidentally, I don't know how iTunes does it exactly but I believe it stores the metadata separately from the music files rather than actually in the files themselves, so if you then attempt to look at the music in something in other iTunes you can no longer view the metadata, this is why you can appear to have full tagging with WAV files in iTunes but then the tagging disappears if you play the WAVs with a different player.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
mykspence said:
You can copy and paste album art into a folder called 'folder' for each cd

That's not quite correct, if you each CD in a separate directory you can create a file called "folder.jpg" (that's the actual filename, you DON'T call the jpg the same thing as the directory is called) that is the artwork and that should show up. If you don't keep each CD in a different directory you can't do this as you can only have one file called folder.jpg in any directory, obviously.

nads

The_Lhc said:
mykspence said:
You can copy and paste album art into a folder called 'folder' for each cd

That's not quite correct, if you each CD in a separate directory you can create a file called "folder.jpg" (that's the actual filename, you DON'T call the jpg the same thing as the directory is called) that is the artwork and that should show up. If you don't keep each CD in a different directory you can't do this as you can only have one file called folder.jpg in any directory, obviously.

which is what EAC does when i rip my copies. it will even look for lyrics if you want.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
mykspence said:
eggontoast said:
I've got to ask, why wouldn't you have your albums in separate folders ?

I've no idea but I guess lhc does it differently to me, but I can assure everyone that my way works fine.

Can you clarify it please? Do you have each cd in a separate folder and a sub-folder called folder in each one containing the cd artwork? What's the artwork called? Or do you just have one folder with all your artwork in which you then have to specify the name of when adding the artwork to the rips?

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Visionary. I actually found that solution yesterday and let it run overnight and I am 60% there.

I am now going to give the other suggestions from here a shot to see how i get on.

I only wish i had initially started ripping my CDs with the likes of dbpoweramp.

To the other Guys - I dont suppose it would cause any major issues if i continued ripping the rest of my library with dbpoweramp, would it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts