So if I want SACD, Blu-Ray and DVD-Audio, what should I buy?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
EdJ:I haven't picked up Gramophone for a while - are there any obvious SACD recordings out there that would make me want to get an SACD player sooner?

Almost anything from the Linn classical catalogue, and I am now doing a monthly column highlighting SACD and BD music releases. Maybe time to pick up that magazine again...

(There was even going to be a two-page Oppo review in the December issue, but now that's been canned)

A

Anonymous

Wouldn't mind reading your SACD and BluRay music disc reviews at all. Will take a look at Gramaphone next month. Naim's music service also seems to have some interesting hi-res music offerings.

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Intern? You think we have interns??? As I look around me, it's press day on the magazine, and there are precisely four other people and a freelance in the office...

Mode magazine it ain't...

That's why I said interns... They're the ones you don't pay right? Or is that just work experience in this country? I know I never got paid as an intern, and that most of the places I've worked for liked to take on as many interns as they could get away with!

A

Anonymous

mrfitzy2u:
Hi,

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I have a Yamaha RX-V1065 which accepts DSD via HDMI. Does this mean I could buy another bluray player (like the award winning Sony) and it would send SACD / DVD-A via DSD and the Yamaha decodes this signal. If this is possible anyone know any Blueray players for £500 maximum that will do this?

Thanks,

Justin

If you've already got a blu-ray player, another option to consider could be Pioneer's DV610 and upwards range of dvd players available around the £130 or so mark, which offer both SACD and DVD-A playback - but do note these aren't blu-ray players.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts