Sony X700 4K Blu-ray player

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I got this Saturday for use with my projector as it does YouTube and I have to say it was well worthy of its 5 star review by WHF. What a cracking player - YouTube looks amazing! Still to do 4K Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD, CD and Audio CD though.

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
It's a decent player. I have issues with it sometimes stalling/freezing on 4K discs. Especially those over 2 hours. Discs are clean etc. From reading some of the forums it seems a common problem. Other than that, it's decent for the money. I like that it has twin HDMI's as well.

D

Deleted member 2457

It's a decent player. I have issues with it sometimes stalling/freezing on 4K discs. Especially those over 2 hours. Discs are clean etc. From reading some of the forums it seems a common problem. Other than that, it's decent for the money. I like that it has twin HDMI's as well.
I didn’t realise that was a common problem! I have just watched a Blu-ray and a 4K disc and they were fine but didn’t watch them to the end. I will keep watch on the problem though thanks. I have had issues with 4K discs freezing on a Oppo 203 and a Pioneer UDP-LX800 too. The Oppo issues seemed to be related to finger prints on 4K discs, mind you when I bought my second Oppo 203 I had no problems. The Pioneer -up-lx800 seem to be a fault with their players as I have used them before and had the same issues, then you have to power off and unplug the mains to get it to work again. Cheers.

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
I've had no issues with Blu-Rays, in fact it plays one I have that is scratched to death haha.

I've noticed a 4K disc gets quite warm due to the speed it has to spin. It's not on every film, just seems very random. I've not had to power it off, sometimes I just have to restart the film and it's fine.

It is sensitive to marks and finger prints though on 4K discs I've found.

I live it with the freezing issues as it's a decent player and only happens occasionally, although the HDR/Dolby Vision implementation is a bit strange I think.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Yes, I have found 4K discs sensitive to marks and finger prints too. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

It’s starting to freeze and start again on YouTube! You were right. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

Damn it now what am I going to do? I will just see how it goes for the time being I think.

D

Deleted member 2457

That’s my only criticism of it. Although I’ve read it’s not the only 4K player to suffer these types of issues unfortunately. I’ve not had it freeze with YouTube. Just 4K discs.
I did notice yesterday and the day before that but I thought it was the HDMI cable! It does it all the time on YouTube now especially with music videos, I have had to turn it off that’s going back then as faulty. Cheers for the heads up.

Reactions: buzz_lightclick
D

Deleted member 2457

Has anyone got any idea of a good 4K Blu-ray player that does YouTube well? Buzz has also suggested a games console does YouTube I could potentially wait for one of the new ones or get the one with a 4K Blu-ray player but still it limiting my options which I don’t like. So I need a 4K Blu-ray player with 2 HDMI which is rock solid on YouTube and Blu-ray if there is such a thing! Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Problem solved it was the HDMI cable - stupid cheap one from Amazon!

:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts