Small speakers : Advice to buy

jbesclapez

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I did some googling, and found an interesting speaker for a cheap amount: Micca MB42. I will use it only for music.
However, I cannot find them in Europe/France. Or with a bigger price... like nearly double, which totally makes no sense then...
I was then considering that they might be a good equivalent that the WHF community would know. On a low budget please.

Please could you send me models you recommend.

Thanks

jbesclapez

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes it is around 50/70 euros.

Was thinking of a Dayton AUdio B652 for 68 euros. Then I will add to that a Lepy Lp-2024 for amplifier.

The goal is to make an airplay system.

Barbapapa

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Amazon.com seems to deliver these speakers to Europe. So it should be possible to obtain them, if it is these speakers you want. If the added cost is the problem, this means your budget is so small that I wonder whether you should actually buy new or aim at anything HiFi.

Some cheap speakers, of which I do not know whether they are any good:

Tibo edge mini: GBP 44,95 https://www.superfi.co.uk/p-14646-tibo-edge-100-speakers-pair.aspx

Wharfedale Diamond 9.0

JBL Control 1

Mordaunt Short M10

Or in France try https://www.son-video.com/article/enceintes-compactes/eltax/shine-2-noir for EUR 65

If you want to set up an airplay system I agree that active speakers might offer you a better deal.

Alternatively try second-hand, which offers far better deals.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I can understand that you are trying to put something together at minimum cost, so here are a few thoughts.

Shipping speakers from the US is going to cost, they charge by weight so although the speakers are inexpensive the freight will not be. You may hav to pay customs handling fees, and will have to pay duty and VAT, perhaps doubling the cost of your original purchase, so unless you are sure you know differently, not really viable.

Ulso the Lepay amplifiers are primarily meant for car use, not a problem except that they will need a fairly robust 12volt power supply, any included 'wall wart' supply is unlikely to be adequate, again this could double the cost of the amplifier, best to try and find a mains powered amplifier if you can.

I your requirement is simply getting the best music performance for your budget, then browse Thomann or Music Store, both big mail order outlets in Germany for a pair of their multi-media type powered speakers, there are several models under €100 pair, though at this level paying a little more gets you a lot.

I appreciate that these are all in one units, so messing around trying different things is not possible, if this is important then these are not for you.

Also, whilst built in Bluetooth is available at this price point, Airplay is not, licensing is too expensive, you will need a 'clone' of the Airport express such as the Neet Airstream at about £25.

jbesclapez

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Barbapapa and Dave, Thanks for your posts.

I will not import from the US.
The airplay will be done from an old Android phone with an Airplay App.
I am also now looking speakers with integrated amps thanks to you. Was also looking at the computer speakers. But most of them, for this budget, are ugly....

chelstondave

May 23, 2010
Visit site
And bought a pair of Q Acoustics BT3 from armour outlet on eBay for £60 Inc postage. They were seconds as they had a bit of white paint dripped on the front. They really have exceeded my expectations and would suspect they would significantly outperform the lepy etc., Suggest you keep s look out for them

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts