Small compact desk speakers for high res audio?

sirfabio

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
Hi,
I wonder if you know about good powered speakers, eventually with DAC, compact like the Ruark mr1 mk2… In my living room I am super happy with the Q Acoustics M20, so I wonder if I can buy good quality ones like them for my desk (need to be smaller…) with a similar price.
The Ref LSX are a bit too expensive…

Thank you in advance!

sirfabio

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
I realised this too. Agree. I just bought a WiiM Mini and thinking of buying a NAD 3020 V2 or similar compact one because with amp and DAC together. Then good compact passive speakers 👌

Vincent Kars

Reactions: sirfabio and abacus

sirfabio

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
Very small https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...imedia-iloud-mtm-review-active-monitor.18347/

These are great. Especially the second Genelic G Two, they look great and not too expensive. Unfortunately yesterday I triggered a purchase. I found a package deal with NAD 3020 V2 and Q Acoustics 3010i. If too big for my desk then will seriously consider the Genelec. Thanks

sirfabio

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
I bought the Q Acoustics 3010i, the almost smallest ones available in white;-) I am happy with my M20 so decided to stay with the same brand.
I liked the deal. For around £400 I had an amplifier (5 stars) with DAC and good speakers.

I was also considering the Adams, I like the design (not from the usability point of view when used as pair) and the specs. But too many sockets, one per speaker plus DAC plus WiiM mini so some potential usability issues made me decide to go for another solution. Let’s see.

doifeellucky

The 3010i are only marginally smaller than the M20 which you said were too big. Q Acoustics exaggerated depth isn’t really ideal for desktop use.

With regard to performance I think another pair of M20 might have been the better choice. Tarun, A British Audiophile said they were a bit of a bargain. By contrast I’ve seen the 3020v2 lose out in terms of sound quality to more recent Class D amps costing only £100-£150, one being the Sabaj A10a which I own.

sirfabio

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
The 3010i are only marginally smaller than the M20 which you said were too big. Q Acoustics exaggerated depth isn’t really ideal for desktop use.

With regard to performance I think another pair of M20 might have been the better choice. Tarun, A British Audiophile said they were a bit of a bargain. By contrast I’ve seen the 3020v2 lose out in terms of sound quality to more recent Class D amps costing only £100-£150, one being the Sabaj A10a which I own.

The M20 are off limits for me, but the 3010i are 5cm smaller and positioned in diagonal I hope they can stay. If not then I will return them.

Regarding the NAD, true. I also read some comments not very positive. Let’s see. I love the narrow design (will use it in vertical mode) and want to trust whathifi, the 5 stars for the M20, at £379 in UK, were righ…for me. They gave 5 stars to the 3020 and also I think the speakers match is correct so it definitily a completely wrong judgement. Let’s see. There is a return policy and will eventually I will find another solution, hopefully not.

sirfabio

Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
Hi,

Just a follow up: I am extremely satisfied by the setup. The 3010is are not too big like I was afraid for and the sound is amazing, they also look so good for me in white. Glad I don't have to return anything. The NAD 3020 is amazing like the WiiM Mini. No negative aspects to mention.

Took some pics.

IMG_8424.png

IMG_8427.png

TRENDING THREADS