SKYHD Subscription :bounce:

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Surprised nobody has mentioned this so far... (hopefully nobody will link to a thread I've missed!)

From 01.09.11 SKYHD £10 subscription will now cover all HD boxes within the house - no need for an extra £10 per box. Seems it's now part of the multiroom fee.

The entertainment packs are also changing...haven't looked into this yet but according to my letter, I'll be gaining 90+ channels extra.

Along with the price freeze for the next 12 months, Sky finally got better :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Cofnchtr said:
Hi,/quote]

Hello!

Surprised nobody has mentioned this so far... (hopefully nobody will link to a thread I've missed!)

First I've heard of it...

From 01.09.11 SKYHD £10 subscription will now cover all HD boxes within the house - no need for an extra £10 per box. Seems it's now part of the multiroom fee.

Excellent, time to upgrade the pool room and with the missus daughter and Son-in-law moving back in hopefully we can upgrade their box to HD as well for just the additional ten quid/month.

The entertainment packs are also changing...haven't looked into this yet but according to my letter, I'll be gaining 90+ channels extra.

Won't affect me as I'm on the full package.

Along with the price freeze for the next 12 months, Sky finally got better :clap: :clap: :clap:

So where did you hear this? I've not had any emails from Sky or owt.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, just found the details on the webpage, cool.

Bit confused about the bit that says "Sky World customers will have Entertainment Extra added to their package", err, I already get all of those channels, that's why it's called "Sky World"...

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Bit confused about the bit that says "Sky World customers will have Entertainment Extra added to their package", err, I already get all of those channels, that's why it's called "Sky World"...

Me too. Hmmmm

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like an apology from Murdoch to me.

I'll stick with a box that records HD channels properly which means I actually watch more HD than when I was with Sky HD I reckon.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

The_Lhc said:
Yeah, just found the details on the webpage, cool.

From what I can see, the 6 packs are being reduced to just 2 packs, and entertainment extra incorporates all 6 of the old packs, so if you are a sky world customer, you will receive the movies and sports packages, plus entertainment extra.

I think

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

We can only presume that some number cruncher in the office at Sky towers has worked out which channels on the old 6 pack tier were the ones that viewers were willing to pay for. They've then reduced the number of packages available but split the most popular channels over both new packages. In effect, forcing us into buying all the 'old' 6 packs to get the channels we used to have.

I had only 3 packs as part of my subs - I've been given the 'Entertainment Extra' pack upgrade. At the end of the 12 months price freeze I will then have to fork out £25/month instead of my current £21. For extra channels I didn't want nor ask for...

Some of the shows I have already paid for as they were commissioned by the BBC!!

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

another offer thru the post today sky multiroom for 1/2 price for 12 months not bad at all

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts