Sky may be losing discovery programmes

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Noticed a thread on another forum where it says sky may be losing discovery channels due to failing negotiations on the cost of the channels. I watch a lot of these channels and if they go, then I'll be seriously looking to move to virgin media..

I called sky yesterday and they said they won't know until the 1st Feb and the negotiations are going right up to the wire..

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Series1boy said:
Noticed a thread on another forum where it says sky may be losing discovery channels due to failing negotiations on the cost of the channels. I watch a lot of these channels and if they go, then I'll be seriously looking to move to virgin media..

I called sky yesterday and they said they won't know until the 1st Feb and the negotiations are going right up to the wire..

Eurosport as well.

It would be decision I will contemplate as well

D

Deleted member 2457

Q5 said:
Series1boy said:

Eurosport as well.

It would be decision I will contemplate as well
Yep, no flipping tennis!
angry_smile.gif

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
*biggrin*

but seriously, if they don't get this sorted and quick then I'm ditching sky for virgin media asap.

oh and also I won't be paying this months bill due on the 1st Feb either until this stupid stand-off has finished.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Miffed about Eurosport. V8 Supercars has already been removed from my regular viewing after the Motors channel stopped showing it, and I think DTM Touring Car disappeared somewhere, and now I can't watch World Touring Car - I'm guessing that will end up on another different box I don't have. If I give up Sky, I'll then have lost Formula 1 (and no, terrestrial doesn't count as they only have half the races, and naff presenters).

All this needs to stop. I understand when someone like Sky produce their own channel for their self made content, same as Netflix, but when it comes to global sports, everyone should have access to it. You shouldn't have to buy multiple boxes or add hefty subscriptions to an already excessive yearly outlay.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
on BT sports which as a Sky subsriber would cost me another £12 a month on top of my existing monthly payment.

*sad*

I used to watch it as well as V8 (which I think is also on BT Sport but I may be wrong).

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
macdiddy said:
on BT sports which as a Sky subsriber would cost me another £12 a month on top of my existing monthly payment.

*sad*

I used to watch it as well as V8 (which I think is also on BT Sport but I may be wrong).
But again, it's adding to your monthly outlay. They're all starting to take the pee. I am a BT customer for phone and internet, so I might see if there's a cheap deal at some point to get it, but it'd have to be cheap. And provide me with DTM, WTC, and V8 for it to be worthwhile.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I see a yearly subscription to Eurosport is on special at the moment until the end of this month - 12 months for £19.99 instead of £59. I'd then just need to find something to play it on, as I've only got an Oppo BDP103 and Roku3 for streaming. I see it's available in the App Store, so I could bring my Apple TV home and use that. I don't mind £20 over a year, I just don't want to pay £20-30+ per month adding another platform just to watch it.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Series1boy said:
If I ditch sky for virgin, then we will lose sky Atlantic .....

Sky Atlantic is available on NowTV, the entertainment pass is £6.99 pcm, but you can usually find cheap 3,4 or 6 month pass deals online...

unfortunatley my VT plasma isn't that smart and NOW Tv isn't available so will mean another box to plug in... really not ideal but is an option if I'm desperate. Thanks for the advice though *good*

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
we will probably never find out which side relented but at least I can continue to watch the Discovery channels and Sky Atlantic without resorting to multiple set top boxes.

*drinks*

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
macdiddy said:
we will probably never find out which side relented but at least I can continue to watch the Discovery channels and Sky Atlantic without resorting to multiple set top boxes.

*drinks*

Your soon Know if it was Sky who gave in if your bill goes up.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
macdiddy said:

*drinks*

funny you should say that, I've just had a letter from sky saying my line rental has gone up; Covert price increase.....

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Series1boy said:
MrReaper182 said:
macdiddy said:

*drinks*

funny you should say that, I've just had a letter from sky saying my line rental has gone up; Covert price increase.....

I was with Sky but left a few years ago and one of the reason's I left was that that kept putting their prices up and giving no reason. They might have a reason this time but in mot cases they don't. They are just greedy.

Samd

MrReaper182 said:
Series1boy said:
MrReaper182 said:
macdiddy said:

*drinks*

I was with Sky but left a few years ago and one of the reason's I left was that that kept putting their prices up and giving no reason. They might have a reason this time but in mot cases they don't. They are just greedy.

First time I've heard of anyone paying full prices to Sky!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts