Sky + HD sound loss

blackflash52

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have posted this issue before, and it is back again! Every few minutes, the sound drops out and its damn infuriating, its only a problem with HD, SD is fine, Sky as per norm are hopeless, their 'technical' side is totally hopeless, check settings, bla bla bla bla. Its obviously an HD issue. Does Virgin have this problem?

blackflash52

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have done restarts and updated software on both Sky and my Denon receiver, its only on HD and if you switch from Dolby to Normal on the Sky sound settings the problem disappears, which i can handle for sports but not movies, someone mentioned a bandwidth issue in past discussions on this problem.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I've had this problem, on and off, for 2 or 3 years. I thought I'd solved it by sending the sound via the hdmi lead, rather than the optical, but it still happens quite often, and during yesterday's football on Sky Sports, it was going every few seconds.

It's Sky's problem, but they're too busy sticking up their prices to pay for the over-priced football, to worry about genuine problems.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

For me, it's not very HD channel, and I can't say I've noticed on any channel other than Sky Sports.

Which channels is it for you guys?

TrevC

After having to reset my Sky HD box quite often I now have it plugged into a timer so it goes off during the night. No issues since. My router is plugged in with it for similar reasons.

TRENDING THREADS