sky hd signal strength and quality.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I was just wondering what signal strength and quality you all have.

On input 1 i seem to have less than 50% strength and about 75% quality on signal two same quality and 50% strength.

Im wondering if i should get them out to check out what the problem is as that on the surface seems low!

I only got it installed 2 weeks ago.

What do you lot think?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Strength of each:

Input 1; Strength - circa 60 - 70%
Input 1; Quality - circa 70 - 80%

Input 2; Strength - circa 75 - 85%
Input 2; Quality - circa 80 - 90%

Fluctuates even now as I watch it. As FBSF says, if it's not breaking up, don't worry about it.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

My box...

Input 1: Strength 80, Quality 90

Input 2: Strength 60, Quality 90

Hope this helps
emotion-1.gif

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Mine can vary beween 60-80% depending on amospheric conditions. Given that you have two LNBs, neither of them are going to be in the correct position to achieve full srength. Presumably your position in the country (ie the satellite fooprint) will also have some small influence as well.

daveh75

wouldnt worry that signal is sufficient, and where u r in the country will make a difference, eg. the further north u live,the weaker the signal, which is why in scotland the mainly use bigger dishes, ie 90cm and not 60cm mini dish's we use in england, ive seen sky working perfectly well with signals as low as 30%, it also has to be said, that the sky on screen signal strength isn't that accurate anyway, and should only be used as i guide, and a rough giude at that

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts