Sky HD - One Cable Connection

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have my Sky HD connected by a satellite provider because of limited access to Sky in my building. The further this pain my flat has access only to one cable to connect to the HD machine, typically it would have two. Now what this does it limits my recording capability. I can not view one channel and record another at the same time, I can not record two channels at the same time and I run into many problems recording.

I would like to know how I can best make the best out of this situation. I love the HD clarity and I love recording stuff I do not get to see typically but with such limitations it does make it tought.

Further to add, what would my building need to do to add this other cable (I do not know what they are called) to ultimately achieve complete access. 

daveh75

santiherm: I would like to know how I can best make the best out of this situation. I love the HD clarity and I love recording stuff I do not get to see typically but with such limitations it does make it tought.

Further to add, what would my building need to do to add this other cable (I do not know what they are called) to ultimately achieve complete access.

Basically, because your on a communal system there is nothing you can do to get the best out of your SkyHd using a single feed, other than either ditch sky HD altogether and get a Freesat Hdr which will give you limited HD content and will work from a single feed with limited functionality, but will allow you to record one channel and record another all be it with limitations. Or an upgrade of your communal system so you can continue with SKY HD with full functionality!

Now,what is required to upgrade your communal system to get you two feeds isn't easy to answer. It largely depends on what type of system it is and how it's been implemented. It could be as simple as running extra cabling and maybe replacing a distribution amplifier or could require a complete overhaul/re-design. Think the only way forward would be to consult with your building management/lease holders and get some aerial/satellite engineers in to assess what's required!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts