Sky+ Box keeps re setting

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Sky + box seems to just turn its self off for no reason and reset its self. I have spoken to sky and the first thing they said was you need to do a full reset which will wipe off everything. Is there anybody else who has had this problem and have they just took the easy option of a full reset.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried pulling the power plug out for 30 seconds and then plugging back in again ? Don't know if it will fix it but it works wonders when my bog standard sky box throws a wobbly.

There is a setting in the menu whch turns the sky box into standby after a few hours, but it shouldn't reset it self.

Failing that then a full reset might be the way to go, unless anyone else can help.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
SpiceWeasel:

Have you tried pulling the power plug out for 30 seconds and then plugging back in again ? Don't know if it will fix it but it works wonders when my bog standard sky box throws a wobbly.

There is a setting in the menu whch turns the sky box into standby after a few hours, but it shouldn't reset it self.

Failing that then a full reset might be the way to go, unless anyone else can help.

Thanks for this post, our Sky box has been switching itself off recently and after reading your reply I have altered the setting in the menu and hopefully solved the problem.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
No probs, I was exactly the same. Kept going into standby for no reason overnight, I thought the box had thrown a wobbly and had a quick look in the menu as a last resort before unplugging the power for 30 seconds. It must of been an update that turned the auto standby on.

Even my dad rang me up saying he thought his sky box was about to die as it kept going into standby byitself. This was after getting both back tyres punctured in his car in the same week which couldn't be repaired as it was to close to the side wall. As things happen in 3's he thought the sky box was next.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts