Sky Anytime + not working

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have activated anytime plus online and it says i now have it.

I have connected my router to sky box using home plugs which works on my friend's system with no problems but still can't get anytime + to work. any ideas?

A

Anonymous

not sure how to check whether it is picking up an internet signal? the router is upstairs so apart from buying a 20m ethernet cable is there an easy way to find out?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
You have to go into the settings and check whether it has an IP address listed or not. But I can't remember exactly where they are, under the services menu, have a hunt around.

moosey

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
have you tried turning your router on and off? on a handfull of occasions i have 'lost' anytime+ and rebooting the router has cured the problem.

I admit that i haven't used the homeplugs; i used the sky sender unit, but it might be worth a try.

good luck

A

Anonymous

i did try a reboot but no good.

i will have a look at the services thing to see about the IP address. i'm a bit out of my depth with that though

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
On the skybox - Services -> Settings -> Network

If the IP address starts 192.168. then its probably ok.

Needs to be plugged into the phone line as well to work fully.

When you say not working - what exactly happens when u select anytime from the planner?

A

Anonymous

when i click on the red button to access anytime, the regular anytime comes up and not the anytime plus with all the films etc on there.

A

Anonymous

there is an IP address showing but above it says the work 'failed' so something cleary isn't right.

sc1

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
Have you checked your box is compatible? I have the old Thompson and it cannot do anytime +. No insult meant, just sometimes it is that simple.

Pittodriered

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Another thing to check is that you have enabled the broadband connection for the box. I'm at work but if i remember correctly:

Options

Customise

Enable Broadband connection.

I got caught out with this when setting up my Anytime+

A

Anonymous

Pittodriered said:
Another thing to check is that you have enabled the broadband connection for the box. I'm at work but if i remember correctly:

Options

Customise

Enable Broadband connection.

I got caught out with this when setting up my Anytime+

Yeee ha. Tried this and hey presto it worked. Thanks all for the help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts