Single Wiring Bi-Wirable Speakers

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Now I know the answer (I think!) so please don't laugh to loud! To single wire the speakers, I jump cable the 2 minus posts together and the 2 plus posts together right? Had a hard day at work and a few beers so thinking's a bit muddled at the minute (as per usual lol).

A

Anonymous

Yes, that's right. And chuck out the attenuators while you're at it.

P.S. or leave it to to-morrow, minus hard day and beers!

A

Anonymous

The negative from the amp goes to the two negatives, which you've jumpered together, and the positive goes to the two positives you've jumpered together.

Do not connect or jumper a positive to a negative, thereby lies the road to hell.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Tarquinh:
Yes, that's right. And chuck out the attenuators while you're at it.

P.S. or leave it to to-morrow, minus hard day and beers!

Thought so, and good job as just finished the first one! Banana in to the bass post? (P.S. If I lose the Rothwell's will never get past level 1 on the volume dial!) Thanks.

A

Anonymous

That's a moot point, but how mine are configured. I believe EB Acoustics recommend one into the bass and the other into the treble, however.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Tarquinh:So how did it go? On tenterhooks here

DONE! Wired them your way and a quick check elsewhere seems to suggest that's the way to go. Theory being that it "balances" the sound. Can't believe these speakers only cost me £35!

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Well, they're actually VERY good. lol

Just can't believe my luck in getting this set-up, but I guess some things were just meant to be. Literally stumbled across the amp on google, and had absolutely no idea he had the Mission's to sell until we got chatting when I went for the amp. *Heaven*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts